- italbrac in
literary usage Speed.
- "disposing of the parsnip wine with a celerity which might have been due to eagerness but, to Harriett, rather suggested a reluctance to let the draught linger on the palate." —Dorothy Sayers
- In the context of "oceanography": The speed of individual waves (as opposed to the speed of groups of waves).
speed of individual waves
- French: célérité
Celerity can refer to:
- Speed, quickness.
- Celerity BBS, a computer Bulletin Board System popular in the 1990's
- Celerity, a power of supernatural quickness possessed by vampires in the roleplaying games Vampire: The Requiem and Vampire: The Masquerade
- Celerity (EDI Factory), a company in Dublin, Ireland.
- The speed of propagation of an ocean surface wave or other wave on the surface of a liquid.
- Another name for proper velocity, an alternative way of measuring motion in relativity
air speed, alacrity, bat, briskness, dispatch, expedition, expeditiousness, fastness, flight, flit, flurry, gait, ground speed, haste, hurry, hustle, instantaneousness, knots, legerity, lightning speed, miles per hour, pace, precipitation, promptitude, promptness, quickness, rapidity, round pace, rpm, rush, rustle, snappiness, speed, speediness, swift rate, swiftness, velocity